The privacy of your personal information (in some countries referred to as “personal data”) is important to Aurora.
• Personal information we collect
• How we use and disclose your information
• How Aurora handles privacy internally
• Your privacy choices
• Updating your personal data and contacting Aurora
• Children’s privacy
• California privacy rights
Personal Information We Collect
Information We Collect from Visitors
Personal information that we collect is only for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes. We will not further use personal information in any manner incompatible with the purposes outlined in this policy without notifying you. Personal information that we collect, and process must be adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which it is used.
In addition, we might gather information about you that is automatically collected by our web server, such as your IP address and domain name. Aurora may use web server and browser information to individually customize its offerings and presentations if you submit your personal information. Such customization shall be performed upon your prior consent and/or notification as required.
Information We Collect When You Register
Visitors registering for services on our websites are asked to provide identifying information, such as name, gender, and contact information. On the registration screen, we clearly label which information is required for registration, and which information is optional and may be given at your discretion. In certain jurisdictions Aurora obtains visitors’ consent before collecting personal information.
Information From Outside Sources
We may also collect information about veterinarians or other animal health care professionals who register on our websites from other sources in order to verify their licensure status and identity. In some cases, we ask customers for information after they register, such as credit card information. Where necessary (for example, to process an order for a purchase), our websites may contact financial or credit organizations to confirm customer credit card information.
From time to time, we may augment our existing user databases with legally obtained information from third parties. Some of this information may be personally identifiable, such as national change of address information. We do this to better target our information offerings and promotional campaigns and to provide pertinent offers that may be of interest to you. In certain jurisdictions, we collect your consent and/or provide you with the option to unsubscribe to any such communications at any time either by a specific link or by sending an email to: email@example.com
We also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us through responses to surveys, search functions, questionnaires, feedback, Tell Your Story forms and the like. We may also ask you to provide additional information such as your e-mail address if you want to obtain additional services or information or to resolve complaints or concerns. Personal information collected by us shall include a notice explaining the purpose of the collection of your personal information and include other information as required.
How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We gather aggregate data about visitors to our websites for product and service development and improvement activities. We also use it for market analysis. We may provide information from our websites in aggregate form, with personal information removed, to third parties.
We may target our marketing messaging depending on information we have about you. We may also personalize our website based on your interests. For example, you may see different articles in different places on our website based on information you have shared with us, or information we have gained by reviewing your previous visits, or information we may have gained from your interactions with a third party that shares information with us. This functionality may be possible if you either provide your consent, or if we notify you about it.
When we share information with third parties working on behalf of Aurora, we use our best efforts to assure that they agree in writing to abide by Aurora principles of the privacy policies.
If we discover that a third party working on behalf of Aurora inappropriately disclosed personal information about any of our visitors, we will take immediate action to prevent further occurrences.
Other than as described above, Aurora will not release personal information to a third party without your consent.
Tell-A-Friend (only applicable in the United States)
You are free to tell your friends about our products and services. If you choose to use our referral function to tell a friend about our site and unless your friend has asked us not to send them marketing emails already, our site will ask you for your friend’s name and e-mail address as well as your information. The form automatically sends your friend a one-time e-mail inviting him or her to visit the site. We do not access or store this information, except to send this invitation. We will only do this where we have suitable permissions or you have provided appropriate permissions (for instance, you are reasonably certain that your family and / or friends would consent to receiving the marketing material in question) as are required by privacy and data protection laws. We assume that you have obtained consent from your friends to make such referral. We will ask you to provide your consent where appropriate.
Protection of Information: How Aurora Handles Privacy Internally
Our Commitment to Security
We have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online. Please note that there is risk involved in using the internet. Thus, our goal is to provide a reasonable level of security based on general industry standards. We therefore recommend that you use every precaution to protect your information when using the internet and any other links.
We have implemented technology and security policies, rules, and other measures to protect the personal information that we have under our control from unauthorized access, improper use, alteration, unlawful or accidental destruction, and accidental loss. We also protect your information by requiring that all our employees and others who have access to or are associated with the processing of your data respect your confidentiality.
Aurora uses security methods to determine the identity of each registered user, so that appropriate rights and restrictions can be enforced for that user. Reliable verification of user identity is called authentication. Aurora uses both passwords and usernames to authenticate users. Users are responsible for maintaining their own passwords.
Storage of Information
Information in our data centers is backed up routinely, in order to aid in the recovery of information in the event of accidental damage of information or due to a natural disaster.
Aurora will not keep personal information in an identifiable form for longer than is necessary and for the purpose or purposes for which the data is processed, including for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
In addition to aggregate information (discussed previously), we may share some types of information with third parties as described below. We will share information with third parties where we believe it is necessary for a legitimate purpose connected with the service we offer. In other cases, we will not share information with third parties without notifying you, and, if necessary, without, obtaining your approval.
• Companies and people who work for us: Because we are a large company, we contract with other companies and individuals to help us provide services. For example, we may host some of our websites on another company’s computers, hire technical consultants to maintain our
websites, or work with companies to remove repetitive information from customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, and provide customer service. In addition, if you are an animal health care professional, we may validate your licensure status and other information against available databases that list licensed animal health care professionals. In order to perform their jobs, these other companies may have limited access to some of the personal information we maintain about our users. Other companies may collect information on our behalf through their sites. This occasionally incorporates the use of frames on the site that will not show the URL you are visiting in the browser address window. We require such companies to comply with the terms of our privacy policies, to limit their access to any personal information to the minimum necessary to perform their obligations, and not to use the information they may access for purposes other than fulfilling their responsibilities to us. We use our best efforts to limit other companies’ use of personal information.
• Promotional and informational offers: Sometimes we send offers to selected groups of customers. To accomplish that we may use third parties working on behalf of Aurora. We provide a variety of mechanisms for you to tell us you do not want to receive such promotional and/or informational offers. For example, we may provide an opt-in box for customers to receive information that is sent by a third-party fulfillment house, and we make clear that, by opting in, you are submitting your data to a third-party. You can elect not to receive or unsubscribe from any promotional or informational material from us by following the instructions to opt-out as mentioned or included in each of our programs we send to you.
• Legal requirements: We may release account and other personal information when we believe release is required to comply with law.
Your Privacy Choices
You may be given the option of receiving recurring informational/promotional e-mail from Aurora and third parties working with Aurora. You may opt-out from receiving this e-mail when you provide the information or follow the instructions as mentioned in the e-mail or included in each program, we send to you. Aurora will unsubscribe you from that newsletter or other programs within ten business days.
Updating Your Personal Information and Contacting Aurora
You can always contact us in order to (i) request access to your personal information (ii) request removal of or request to restrict the processing of, the personal information that you have provided to us, (iii) update or rectify the personal information that you have provided to us, (iii) change your preferences with respect to marketing contacts, (iv) withdraw your consent, and (v) request the right to data portability, by e-mailing us at info@Aurorapharmaceutical.com. For California residents, please refer to the California Privacy Rights section below.
Filing a Complaint
You have the right to file a complaint about the processing of your data by Aurora with the relevant competent privacy supervisory authority at your country location.
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. We do not collect personal information from any person we actually know is a child under the age of 13.
California Privacy Rights
Certain California privacy laws, including the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”), require that we provide California residents with specific information about how we use their personal information.
Categories of Personal Information that We Collect and/or Disclose
Below please find the categories of personal information about California residents that we may collect and/or disclose to third parties or service providers for a business purpose:
• NAME, CONTACT INFORMATION AND IDENTIFIERS: Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.
• CUSTOMER RECORDS: Paper and electronic customer records containing personal information, such as name, signature, address, telephone number, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information.
• PURCHASE HISTORY AND TENDENCIES: Commercial information, including records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
• USAGE DATA: Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a resident’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.
• AUDIO/VISUAL: Photographs and videos.
• PROFILES AND INFERENCES: Inferences drawn from any of the information identified above to create a profile about a resident reflecting the resident’s preferences, characteristics, and predispositions.
California Consumer Rights
If you are a resident of California, California law gives you the right to make the following requests, up to twice every 12 months:
• The right to request a copy of the personal information that we have collected about you in the prior 12 months.
• The right to request details about the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources, the business or commercial purposes for collecting information, and the categories of third parties with which we share information.
• The right to request deletion of the personal information that we have collected about you, subject to certain exemptions.
• The right to opt-out of sale of your personal information, in the event Aurora ever decides to sell your personal information.
You can submit a request by emailing us or by calling.
The CCPA prohibits discrimination against California consumers for exercising their rights under the CCPA and imposes requirements on any financial incentives offered to California consumers related to their personal information, unless the different prices, rates, or quality of goods or services are reasonably related to the value of the consumer’s data. We do not discriminate against any consumers who elect to exercise their CCPA rights.
1. Ownership and Use of the Site. All contents of the Site and design elements, trademarks, service marks, logos, text, graphics, audio, images, charts, audio clips, videos, data and compilations (collectively, the “Aurora Content”) are the property of Aurora, its affiliates, related companies or its licensors or partners unless otherwise noted, and are legally protected without limitation, under U.S. federal and state, as well as applicable non-US laws, regulations and treaties. Unless the context clearly requires otherwise, or we explicitly say so in writing, the term “Site” includes “Aurora Content.” Aurora reserves the right to alter or delete material from the Site at any time.
BY ACCESSING, VIEWING OR USING THE SITE YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OF AURORA CONTENT BY YOU MAY VIOLATE COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, PRIVACY AND/OR PUBLICITY LAWS AS WELL AS COMMUNICATION REGULATIONS AND STATUTES. YOU AGREE THAT AURORA WILL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY UNAUTHORIZED USE OR MISUSE OF THE SITE.
2. Prohibited Site Access. Except as otherwise expressly permitted by Aurora, any other use of the Aurora Content or the Site is prohibited. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, you may not sell, republish, license, redistribute, or otherwise use the Site except as allowed herein unless you have obtained Aurora’s express prior written consent. In addition, without Aurora’s express prior written consent, you may not, directly, indirectly, or through any program, device, software, routine, robot, spider, crawlers, or other automatic or manual process, interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site; collect, scrape, or mine the contents of the Site; add any code or insert any hidden data or text to the Site; access or attempt to access any other areas of Aurora information systems or information contained thereon for any purpose; take any action that imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on Aurora’s infrastructure; or mirror or redisplay the Site in its entirety or in part through framing or other techniques that show a portion of the Site or otherwise redisplay any Aurora trademark, logo, trade name or other proprietary information, including images, frames, content, or layout/design found on any page of the Site. Aurora may, in its discretion, revoke all rights to access the Site.
3. Inappropriate Site Use. You are prohibited from using the Site in bad faith and in uploading, posting or otherwise transmitting any abusive, threatening, libelous, defamatory, offensive, objectionable, obscene, inflammatory, pornographic, fraudulent, deceptive, misleading, profane, or otherwise unlawful or inappropriate material, including but not limited to any material that could constitute or encourage conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or would otherwise violate the law, including the copyright, trademark or other intellectual property right of another.
4. No Endorsement of Linked Content. Certain links on the Site lead to resources located on servers that are not maintained or controlled by Aurora. We provide such links for our users’ convenience. Aurora is not responsible for the content of any such referenced web sites or for the availability of or access to such web sites. Inclusion on the Site of any link to another web site, or any reference to any product or service by trade name, trademark manufacturer, or otherwise, does not constitute or imply an endorsement or recommendation by Aurora. Aurora makes no warranties or representations of any kind as to the accuracy, currency or completeness of any information contained on such web sites. Access to other sites linked to the Site is at your own risk, and Aurora disclaims all liability with regard to your access to such linked sites, or arising from the content or information contained therein.
YOU AGREE THAT AURORA WILL HAVE NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, OR MATERIALS FOUND AT ANY LINKED SITE.
8. Registration. You may be able to create a user account or otherwise register with the Site. If you choose to do so, you must provide us with accurate, current, and complete information, and you agree to be responsible for any conduct using your account and to maintain the security of any user name and password. You may not create accounts or submit Uploads (defined below) on behalf of anyone other than yourself.
9. Submissions (Including Your Uploads). If you (i) are at least 18 years of age and above the age of majority in the state in which you live, (ii) are an emancipated minor, or (iii) possess legal parental or guardian consent, you may choose to provide, make available to Aurora, or post on or upload to the Site, suggestions, comments, ideas, improvements, information, personal or other data, text, images, and other works of authorship (collectively, “Uploads”). Please note that if you are under 13, you are not permitted to provide any personal information via the Site including, but not limited to, Uploads. If you provide Uploads, you grant to Aurora and Aurora’s affiliates, representatives, employees, and assigns an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide, non-exclusive license (sub-licensable through multiple tiers, and to third parties including to other users of the Site) to reproduce, publicly display, archive, distribute, adapt, modify, publish, edit, translate, prepare derivative works of and otherwise use your Uploads, in whole or in part, (including your name, likeness, age and gender) in any media now or hereafter known in any manner and for any purpose, including but not limited to, publication on the Site and any associated print or digital promotional materials related thereto, any other marketing and promotional materials and for the development of products or services. You agree that you are solely responsible for all your communications, materials and suggestions you transmit to, or post on, the Site. You represent and warrant that: (a) you are above the age of majority in the state in which you live, an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent;
(b) you own all rights in your Uploads or, alternatively, you have acquired all necessary rights in your Uploads to enable you to grant to Aurora the rights in your Uploads described herein; (c) your Uploads do not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; (e) your Uploads are lawful; (e) your Uploads are not harmful, such as virus, malware, or spam; (f) your Uploads are not disparaging, defamatory, or libelous of Aurora or any third party; (g) you will not seek the return of your Uploads; and (g) you will not assert any claims against Aurora or its affiliates, representatives, employees, or assigns in connection with your Uploads. Aurora and its affiliates, representatives, employees, and assigns shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in your Uploads, for any purpose whatsoever, without time or territorial limitations, without your consent or compensation to you, including but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products, and you will gain no right, title or interest (including no joint ownership in the Site or any other materials) by virtue of doing so. As a further condition of providing Uploads you (and any other individual depicted therein) unconditionally and irrevocably waive all claims to compensation for use of the Uploads by Aurora and its affiliates, and their respective representatives, employees, or assigns and/or any right with respect to such use you may have under copyright law, the right of publicity, the right of privacy, the law of defamation and/or any other common law or statutory claims under the laws of any jurisdiction. You hereby waive any moral rights you may have in the Uploads, for all uses of the Uploads, throughout the world.
11. Monitoring of the Site. Aurora may, from time to time, monitor, review, block or remove Uploads; however, Aurora is under no obligation to do so and assumes no responsibility or liability arising from such content nor for any error, defamation, libel, slander, omission, falsehood, obscenity, pornography, profanity, danger or inaccuracy contained in any Uploads. Users shall be solely responsible and liable for any Uploads, any activity or transactions that occur under their name or account, and any infringement of copyright, trademarks, or other rights. Aurora is not required to host, display, or distribute any uploads, and may, in its sole discretion, remove at any time or refuse any Uploads for any reason. Aurora is not responsible for any loss, theft or damage of any kind to any Uploads.
12. Copyright Infringement Notification. Aurora respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask that you and all of our Site users do the same. If you believe that your copyrighted work is accessible on the Site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us.
13. Site May Not Always Be Available or Accessible. Aurora does not guarantee that the Site will be operating or accessible at any given time. You should expect that the Site will periodically be taken off-line for maintenance, content and design updates, and other alterations that may make it unavailable. Aurora does not represent or warrant that the Site is compatible with your hardware or software applications or browsers.
14. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. Your use of the Site is at your own risk. Aurora uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up to date information in the Site; however, since information changes so quickly, Aurora is unable to make any warranties or representations as to its accuracy.
AURORA ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY AS TO THE RELIABILITY, ACCURACY, VALIDITY, TIMELINESS, USEFULNESS OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY INFORMATION ON THE SITE.
In no event shall Aurora or any other party involved in creating, producing or delivering the Site be liable FOR ANYTHING arising out of your access to, use of or inability to access or use, the Site INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, any damages, including, without limitation, direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special or punitive damages, or damages resulting from lost profits, lost data or business interruption. In no event shall Aurora’ maximum aggregate liability for action arising out of or connected to the site exceed ONE HUNDRED US dollars ($100.00).
These limitations include but are not limited damages to or viruses that may infect your computer equipment. Aurora does not guarantee or warrant that files that may be available for download from the Site will be free of infection from viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifests contaminating or destructive properties. Without limiting the foregoing, everything on the Site is provided to you ‘AS IS’ without REPRESENTATIONS, warranties, OR COVENANTS of any kind, either express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of merchantability,
fitness for a particular purpose or use, non-infringement of the Site’s contents. Any claim and action arising out of or in any way connected with the Site must be brought within one (1) year after such cause of action arose. You acknowledge and agree that by using the internet to use the Site, you may incur charges from your wireless carrier, internet service provider or other method of internet access, depending upon your contract or plan with your provider. You acknowledge that payment of any such charges will be your sole responsibility. You agree that your use of the Site will be in accordance with all requirements of your wireless carrier, internet service provider or other method of internet access. Some jurisdictions may not allow THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR OTHER ITEMS, AND SO some of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
15. Medical Information. The Site may contain information relating to various medical conditions and their treatment. This information is provided for general information only and does not constitute advice. Aurora does not provide, and is not intending to provide or providing medical advice, treatment or judgment. The content of the Site is not meant to be a substitute to the clinical judgment of your veterinarian or the clinical examination of an animal.
16. Void Where Prohibited. Use of any portion of the Site is void where prohibited by law. Although the information on the Site is accessible worldwide, not all products or services that may be discussed in or on the Site are available to all persons or in all geographic locations or jurisdictions. Check your local laws for any restrictions or limitations regarding the exclusion of implied warranties. Aurora reserves the right to limit provision of our products or services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction and/or to limit the quantities of any products or services we provide. You may not access the Site if you are a national or resident of any country to which the United States has embargoed goods, or if you or your affiliates are on the United States Treasury Department’s list of Specially Designated Nationals or the U.S. Commerce Department’s Table of Denial and Prohibition Orders. Any offer for any product or service made in the materials on the Site is void where prohibited.
20. Consent to Data Processing in the US and Other Countries. Aurora is a global company and the databases in which your personal information shall be stored may be located in the United States and other countries which may not guarantee the same level of protection for personal information as the one in which you reside. By using the Site, you consent to any transfer, processing or storing of personal information outside your country of residence.
21. Dispute Resolution. Any legal action or proceeding related to the Site shall be brought exclusively in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Minnesota.